Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Conures

Pin It I doubt any of you have seen a bird quite this beautiful. "Red chains" around their feet, beautiful green bodies, irredescent blue bib. Dark blue tail feathers, and juveniles ringed tails. An exotic breed escaped from captivity here are some pictures of the Nanday Conure. Enjoy!


Every day at a certain time these beautiful birds arrive at the feeder.


You can clearly see the underside of the tail as this bird "gawks" at the camera!


This curious conure is cocking its head at my dog Jip.


These birds are very curious, and great picture posers.


You can see the red chains, the blue tail feathers and the blue bib clearly in this picture.


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool, I would love to see these birds at my feeders. They are so pretty and colorful. Thanks for sharing your World Bird. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too would love to see these birds at my feeders, but they would need warm coats and snow boots....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love their black hoods. Parrots are everyday birds for me, we are overrun by them. At present we have three species with their fledgelings and a fourth will come a little later in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No doubt it's tough to match the gorgeous color of these birds. Thanks for sharing your excellent pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness -- I would love to see these at my feeder, but I know I love too far north for that! Gorgeous captures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bird and great photos. Especially colorful against the blue sky.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your blog address so I can check out your blog! In the mean time, please comment!